Thursday 12 March 2015

AnoHana Anime Review (The Flower We Saw That Day) (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)

Konnichiwa Minna-san! Today I have a review of AnoHana ≧◡≦, I watched this anime a couple of months ago and I just had to write a review about it because the story line resonated with me so much.



The story centers around a young boy called Jinta who used to be part of a friend group in his home town, due to a tragic fatal accident of one of his friends the group became separated. Mysteriously his friend called Menma returns to haunt him when he is a little older and only he can see and speak to her. 

Throughout the anime Jinta and Menma are trying to figure out why she has appeared before him and they eventually realise that she must make her wish come true.... Only she can't remember what her wish io(╥﹏╥)o.



Menma is upset that her old friends are no longer speaking to each other anymore and she wants everyone to go back to the old days, so she and Jinta painstakingly try to prove that she is real and every opportunity. There is quite a few love triangles within the old group, which was another reason for the divide between them. 



Story: 10/10 - I found the story very captivating and moving, so much so that at the end of the final episode I burst into tears for 20 minutes (No Joke!) I loved it so much, it was so sad and so beautiful.
Character: 10/10 - Each character has their own unique way of making you feel for them, you are constantly feeling like you want to help or fix everything. Its a very special bond that you create with these characters that will stay with you for a long time.
Art Style/Animation: 9/10 - The art style was so lovely, very warm and cold at the same time. Its a modern anime so the animation is very new and wonderfully done, the style suits the anime its representing.
Overall: 10/10 - This anime was wonderful, but probably a once in a life time anime. I cried so much and my heart ached for at least an hour after it was finished, I highly recommend this to anyone. 

I hope you enjoyed this anime review Minna-san!

Sayonara 

  You can find updates on my posts from my Social Media pages:












No comments:

Post a Comment