Thursday 12 February 2015

Kamigami No Asobi Anime Review

 Konnichiwa Minna!! xxx

Today I have another anime review and as it's close to Valentine's Day I thought I would review a kawaii reverse harem for you! This is my Kamigami No Asobi Review 



The anime centers around a normal high school girl called Yui Kusanagi who is transported to a garden-like world where she meets 8 gods of Japanese, Norse and Greek Mythology. The plot is that Zeus has brought the 8 gods together with 1 human in a bid to renew the connections between gods and humans, in basic terms he wants the gods to learn from Yui. This must happen for 1 year and when each of them meet their goal and understand humans, Zeus will release the shackles on their powers. If they fail they must remain in Zeus's world forever.



Quite the heavy plot for a 12 episode anime, but it's very evenly split up and not confusing at all. This is yet again another Otome/Reverse Harem anime series and to be honest I loved it, every minute of it. This is clearly a very female orientated anime with all the kawaii boys, each boy like any harem anime, has their own personality which is vastly different from everyone else. Each episode introduces the gods to you and gives a insight into their quirks, such as Hades who has no self confidence.






The anime is beautifully done, it's so pretty with so much action thrown in there as well, surprisingly. The character depth is exquisite and you find yourself drawn to one, if not all of the characters and you just want to give them a big freaking cuddle. (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ ♥. I really don't want to give too much away about this anime, as I recommend that you watch at least a few episodes as the plot is very unique. Plus who wouldn't want to see all the action like Apollon up there ^ ... I mean WOWSA !! 
(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻




Story: 8/10 - The story isn't one of the best, but for me I loved the idea of all the characters being forced together in a situation where they need to support one another. It was a very cute story where the characters slowly warm up to the girl and eventually have a soft spot for her. 

Character: 8/10 - I loved all of the gods, without a doubt they were all amazing and adorable in their own ways. I personally found Loki to be my favourite because of his mischievous nature. I really like that there will always be a god that appeals to you.  

Artstyle/Animation: 10/10 - The animation to me was flawless, absolutely gorgeous. Everything was very bright, fun and mystical, it is very hard not to fall in love with the art style of this anime. It is very similar to to Uta no Prince-Sama in animation. 

Overall: 8/10 - I think this anime was beautiful but I wish there was 25 episodes rather than 12, it was a little short. In the 12 episodes there was so much depth and cuteness that I was automatically sucked into it's world. A genuinely lovely anime to watch.
I hope you enjoyed my Kamigami No Asobi Review!

Sayonara Minna! 


This series is also available on Crunchyroll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/


You can find updates on my posts from my Social Media pages:


No comments:

Post a Comment